Monday, August 3, 2015

To Do Chart

In Kindergarten,  it is difficult for these young learners to remember all of the directions given for a task. I saw something similar to this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. I created my own using PowerPoint, printed on cardstock, laminated, then mounted on my whiteboard with magnetic strips (or you could use velco) Wow! What a great tool to help young learners follow through on what to do. I've used it for several years now and can't imagine what I did without it. Hmm, probably repeated myself a lot! Build it into your routine the very 1st day by verbally walking the students through it and marking what you want them to do, Before you know it, all you have to do is mark it without saying a word and watch them do it all on their own! Talk about building independence!






No comments:

Post a Comment